Direct Mail Marketing- Direct mail campaigns are sent to targeted prospective customers through the mail (post). The promotional materials can be in the form of postcards, brochures, catalogs, newsletters or even customized gift ideas.
If I’ve said this once, I’ve said it a million times. It doesn’t matter how good your product or service is if no one knows you exist. This goes for every business small or large, old or new. In order to get the word out about your company, you must employ some form of marketing. But in the Cannabis Industry, traditional methods of advertising like radio and television & print advertisements present a particular challenge because of the legalities inherent in the industry right now. More targeted methods like direct mail allow you to control where your marketing dollars travel and present a much safer alternative to say social media.
Direct mail campaigns are sent to targeted prospective customers through the mail (post). The promotional materials can be in the form of postcards, brochures, catalogs, newsletters or even customized gift ideas. This method of marketing has some distinct benefits and drawbacks.
Direct Mail Pros and Cons:
- It is one the most effective and profitable ways to reach out to new and existing clients.
- It allows you communicate one on one with your target market helping you to control who receives your message which is crucial in an industry where legal pitfalls are around every corner (literally).
- It’s very easy to track, which allows you to easily determine your return on investment (ROI).
- It ain’t cheap. It costs a pretty penny to send out direct mail in volume.
- A bad mailing list can sink the entire project. It is extremely important to work with a reputable list company because the production of a direct mail campaign is expensive enough without adding the additional cost of a poorly curated list.
- Response rates for direct mail are fairly low typically between 2-3%.
- Each state has a different set of laws regarding marketing. You will need experienced professionals to help navigate the legal pitfalls.
Traditional marketing is most productive when paired with online and email marketing. You need to decide if this method of marketing is a good fit for your business. Talk with your marketing professional to determine how to best achieve your goals.
We Can Help
Bud Branding helps cannabis businesses grow their influence and their Brands. As a boutique brand management agency specializing in the cannabis industry, we begin with a thorough analysis of your needs and partner with you to develop and execute a marketing plan that will help you take your business to the next level. To learn more about how Bud Branding can help you, visit us at www.budbranding.net or call 212-491-7318.